We’re pleased to announce the release of a new module in our Analytics SEO Platform called Market Visibility. This can be found under the Market Analysis section inside the platform.
In this module we assess your site’s overall organic ‘visibility’ for all your monitored keywords against all sites ranking in the top 2 pages of the SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Pages) for those keywords.
Market Visibility calculations
The calculation itself is relatively straightforward. We look at the ranking positions for each respective keyword and then also take into account the search volume for that keyword and typical click through rates (CTRs) for sites ranking in the top 20 organic positions (i.e. in the top two pages).
This calculation allows us to estimate your organic visits for each keyword and we can total all these up to give you an overall ‘Market Visibility score’. From that point, it’s a simple process to turn that into a percentage.
Using the Market Visibility module
You will see a column chart if there is only a limited range of data for the particular site; otherwise, it will display a line chart to show the change in Market Visibility over time.
Please also note the following:
- This will now include all your monitored keywords that have a search volume, so that may include non-branded and branded keywords, depending upon what you’re monitoring.
- The ranking data we use to calculate Market Visibility is based on the rankings for your primary search engine (if that happens to be a local search engine, it will default to using the main search engine variant, if you’re monitoring it). Note: We can only calculate Market Visibility data if your primary engine is Google.
- The Market Visibility module is updated on a weekly basis.
- The chart will display a maximum of 10 sites, but you can select what to show by highlighting a row in the table below it.
- The click-through rates (CTRs) used by this module can be changed from the IntelliTraffic configuration screen (Settings > Configure IntelliTraffic). It should be noted that non-brand CTRs are used.
The more keywords we monitor on your behalf, the more accurate a reflection of your site’s Market Visibility you’re going to see reflected in the platform.
The Market Visibility calculations will change, depending upon the keyword group and date range you select.
The summary boxes show the following:
- Market Visibility percentage
- Market Visibility keywords
- Ranking Keywords
- Traffic Potential
Market Visibility is simply the estimated visits for the site, as per the Market Visibility calculations above. If a keyword group is chosen, then this box will update to reflect the visibility score for only those keywords in the group. For multiple data points, the visibility Scored is added to equal the time period chosen. We can then map the change in Market Visibility over time, as per the screenshot below.
Market Visibility module terminology
A little more information about the terminology inside the Market Visibility module…
Market Visibility Keywords represent all the keywords that make up the data. So if a keyword group is chosen, then this box will show the total number of keywords in the group. If a user has chosen all the keywords they are monitoring, then this box will show the total of all their monitored keywords. The keywords shown will always be the latest keywords being monitored.
Ranking Keywords are all the keywords that the site is ranking for. In other words, the client might be monitoring 120 keywords, but only actually rank in the top 2 pages for 60. In this case the Ranking Keywords = 60. If a keyword group is chosen, then this box will show the total number of ranking keywords in the group. If a user has chosen all the keywords they are monitoring, then this box will show the total of all their ranking keywords. The change over time is treated exactly the same way as the “monitored keywords”.
Traffic Potential is a simple calculation that represents how much traffic is available if your site was ranking at position no.1 for all your monitored keywords. The calculation would be as follows:
For each keyword:
Search volume x CTR = potential traffic for keyword
Potential traffic for all keywords added up = Traffic Potential
If a user has chosen a keyword group then this box will only show the potential traffic for those keywords.
We hope that the above summary of what our Marketing Visibility module entails encourages you to try it out and see the insights that it can provide your business!