Remember the ‘good old days’ when you used to do keyword research and content gap analysis manually? This used to take weeks for major eCommerce sites and brands. Now you can automate this at scale across international markets.
Leverage Big Data Science to Devise SEO Content Strategy
Leveraging our unique Big Data and Graph technology we analyse and segment your entire market to:
- Illustrate how Google’s algorithm groups sites, pages and related keywords together
- Benchmark your organic market share and growth
- Find keyword opportunities from the top 100 sites
- Prioritize which content segments offer you the biggest revenue or traffic gains broken down by:
- New keyword suggestions for existing pages
- New content themes and ideas
Automatically Discover the Best Recommendations at Topic Level
Our community detection algorithms understand the relationships between ranking pages and keywords in your market and shed light on how Google classifies, organises and ranks its search results.
Each cluster contains a set of your pages and keywords and competing pages and keywords you are not ranking for.
You can prioritise which topics you should optimise based on a wide range of SEO metrics we provide including;
- Potential Visibility Score – which topics have the greatest potential to gain traffic
- Potential Visibility Value – which topics have the greatest potential to gain traffic and save you money on PPC campaigns
- Potential eCommerce Revenue or Transactions – which topics will make you the most money if you improve rankings
These metrics can be weighed against a number of other KPIs on a matrix chart to give you a sense of how to prioritise in 4 quadrants. We typically weigh opportunity against your site’s Relative Strength (a measure of the strength of your backlink profile using Majestic data).
- Quick Wins = High Opportunity & High Relative Strength
- Build Authority = High Opportunity & Low Relative Strength
- Maintenance = Low Opportunity & High Relative Strength
- Low/No ROI = Low Opportunity & Low Relative Strength
Automatically Discover the Best Pages to Optimise
These are your quick wins. You are already ranking for these pages and the platform will tell you which ones you should optimise first. You can see the detailed keywords assigned to each page (some you rank for; some are keyword suggestions)
- The system prioritises every page on your website that has a ranking keyword on pages 1 to 3 of Google
- You can prioritise by traffic opportunity and value or even potential eCommerce revenue and transactions
- You can see the detailed ranking keywords and keyword suggestions for each page
- You can see who the ‘Authority Competitor’ is in each micro-niche, giving you a further advanced level of strategy refinement, so you can first go after segments where there is no dominant competitor
Automatically Discover new Content Topics and Keywords
The system automatically pulls together keywords where your website is not ranking (or ranking poorly) but competitors are. These keywords are grouped algorithmically into clusters and given a ‘label’ allowing you to;
- Explore these new topic clusters to find groups of related keywords with high search volumes
- Use Keyword Frequency to whittle out the noise and refine the relevance of the keywords
- Assess the strength of the competition and pick your topics
- Create new SEO friendly landing pages
Read our Case Study to see how Price Minister (now Rakuten) exploited this technique brilliantly to drive a 40% increase in organic visibility in less than 2 months from implementation.
Discover the Authority in each Niche
By automatically illustrating how Google clusters different competing pages and keywords together we can shed light on the micro-niches in every market. This allows you to focus your energies on the areas where you have the greatest chance of success.
Example of a dominant competitor
Example of a duopoly
Example of a fragmented niche
For a standard market analysis, the data is extracted automatically from our commercial database. Enterprise clients can customise this further by;
- Requesting us to spider their website(s) and competitors’ sites to discover all the keywords that matter
- Securely integrating your website analytics data or even a custom data feed of KPIs at URL level
- Creating a revenue or margin driven SEO and Content Marketing strategy that shows you not only which topics and pages you should optimise to gain more organic traffic, but which areas will generate you the best ROI through increased revenues and margin from that new organic traffic.
FAQs about Content Strategy
This is big data science-driven analysis and it is not instantaneous. Although, you can get some immediate results using Visibility Explorer whilst you wait. It does depend upon the size of the market;
For small markets under a few hundred thousand keywords it typically takes a few hours.
For the largest markets of several million keywords or more it can take up to 48 hours.
The largest market for a brand we have analysed automatically is ~5mn keywords.
Where applicable, for each website, cluster, segment and page in the market we have the following metrics:
- Potential visibility score
- Potential visibility value
- Max potential visibility score
- Max potential visibility value
- Visibility Score
- # Ranking keywords
- # Keywords
- Avg. Monthly Search Volume
- Avg. Keyword Frequency (Relevance)
- Avg. # Competing Pages
- Avg. Relative Strength
- Avg. Monthly Sessions
- Sessions (MTD)
- Potential Sessions
- Sum of Session CPC Value
- Avg. e-Commerce Revenue per Session
- E-commerce Revenue
- Potential e-Commerce Revenue
- Goal Revenue
- Potential Goal Revenue
- E-Commerce Transactions
- Potential Transactions
- Goal Conversions
- Potential Goal Conversions
- Average CPC
- Sum of Potential CPC Savings
- Avg. Visibility Multiplier
We currently support 5 countries; UK, USA, France, Canada and Spain. We are in the middle of rolling this product out internationally to the 26 countries supported in Visibility Explorer and expect to complete this work in Q3 2020.
New Zealand (EN)
South Africa (EN)
United Kingdom (EN)
United States (EN)
We do track keyword rankings in all major search engine in every major market worldwide; so, it is feasible, but as we are collecting this data automatically at our cost, it’s simply a question of whether there is sufficient demand.
The easiest way for you to get started is to create a custom view of your desired market by tracking the keywords you care about in the search engines, countries and languages you need in the platform Keyword Ranking module and Project Visibility modules.