SEO and PR teams can coordinate, cooperate and communicate better with an in-built link building campaign manager and contact management (CRM) system.
SEO Link Building and PR Outreach Management
Links are still a ranking factor
Building high quality relevant links to your site is still critical in maintaining competitiveness. The Authoritas platform has the tools and data you need to:
- Analyse competitors’ links
- Import links you have worked in another system
- Get Majestic and social metrics to help you ascertain whether a site will bring real visitors as well as SEO value
- Create and assign tasks so your outreach team can coordinate efforts and keep track
What are the 4 Steps to Successful SEO Outreach?
- Find Influential People and Websites
- Compile your own CRM for your SEO & PR teams
- Run Outreach Campaigns
- Track Link Building Success
You’ll find tools and data to support these essential business processes in the Authoritas platform.
Find Influential People and Websites
Entity Search uncovers the people behind the content that ranks.
26 Countries >30mn Influencers >125mn Keywords
- Find the leading magazines, websites and influential sites in your industry
- Search our database of over 30mn Influencers in 26 countries
- See how they rank from our commercial keyword database of >125mn keywords
- Search by multiple keywords that are relevant to your niche
- Refine by specific domains to find influencers for key titles
- Add them to the in-built CRM database
Compile your own CRM for your SEO & PR Teams
Easily add or import contacts to centralise the data your SEO and PR teams hold on your outreach prospects.
- Contact’s Name and Profile Details
- Social Media Profiles
- Domains he/she writes for
- Restrictions on who should contact them
- Relationship status, e.g. Proposed, Archived or Active
- Then go to the Campaigns module to add them to a specific link building/outreach campaigns
Run Outreach Campaigns
Unlimited users can work together across a multitude of international link building and PR campaigns.
- Manage your organic outreach campaigns with our handy task management system and contact database
- Manage multiple link building campaigns in parallel
- Add contacts and target websites to named link building campaigns
- Import coverage reported on by PR teams
- See the impact of links on pages and page groups using annotations
- See which links you or your team have visited via the platform so you don’t duplicate effort
- Hide links which are worthless so no one else need sees them
Track Link Building Success
Links are often amended or removed after placement has been agreed, so you have to keep close tabs on whether your links are still there, month after month.
Don’t let all your link building efforts slowly erode away — keep tabs on links that are lost every week as well as the new ones you have earned.
- Easily see New Links from authoritative influencers
- See New links
- See Lost Links
- Compare your rate of link velocity to your competitors
FAQs about Link Building
Link building is a process whereby you ask or incentivise another website owner, or a writer for a specific website, to post an article, image or other piece of content on their site and include a hypertext link to a page on your website.
It has been used by search engine optimisation professionals for the past twenty years or so to increase the perceived popularity of their sites and improve the standing of their sites in Google therefore increasing their rakings and organic traffic and sales.
There are lots of different link building techniques that you can utilise. The best is surely, just publishing regular good quality content that your audience loves and are inspired to share, creating lots of natural links and referrals from relevant websites in your niche and on social media. Here’s some suggested options that are relevant in 2020;
- Great high-quality content and make it is easy to share (promote it if necessary)
- Ensure your PR team understands how to utilise its PR campaigns to generate relevant links from trusted sites
- Target sites and authors linking to many competing sites in your niche
- Become a trusted authority by writing quality articles and providing industry commentary on major sites in your space
- Offer free tools and calculators that other can link to or embed on their sites
Conventional wisdom amongst leading SEOs is that links are still a major ranking factor alongside website performance, content, Rank Brain and so on. Even Google recognises in its Webmaster guidelines that webmasters can improve the ranking of their sites by gaining natural authoritative links from high quality sites.
It is likely that the importance of links has diminished over the past decade as Google has sought to find other ways to rank websites less prone to manipulation.
Forgetting Google and other search engines for a moment; it’s certainly a good thing from a marketing perspective for trusted sites with real visitors to link to you, as it will bring you real visitors that might buy from you.